Monday, May 31, 2010

#25: Tommy Thevenow

Tommy Thevenow

I) Tommy Thevenow --> '38 Pirates --> Ken Heintzelman

II) Heintzelman --> '52 Phillies


So close! The '53 Philles are a Connected Team, so I think I can make my link there. Let's see what else we can find.

II) Heintzelman --> '52 Phillies --> Curt Simmons, Steve Ridzik, Robin Roberts, Smoky Burgess
      III) Simmons --> '67 Cubs
      III) Simmons --> '67 Angels
      III) Burgess --> '67 White Sox
      III) Ridzik --> '66 Phillies
      III) Roberts --> '66 Astros
      III) Roberts --> '66 Cubs


Six potential branches, non of them featuring a Connected Team. However, the '65 Astros, of which Roberts also was on, is on my table. If there were three or four teams to test here, I might forgo the Astros link and see what other connections I can make. Six teams is a lot to go through, and I think this time I'm going to take the easy way out:

1. Tommy Thevenow played for the 1938 Pittsburgh Pirates with Ken Heintzelman.
2. Ken Heintzelman played for the 1952 Philadelphia Phillies with Robin Roberts.
3. Robin Roberts played for the 1965 Houston Astros with Mike Cuellar.
4. Mike Cuellar played for the 1976 Baltimore Orioles with Dennis Martinez.
5. Dennis Martinez played for the 1993 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment