Wednesday, May 19, 2010

#19: Myron White

Myron White

Yet another guy who had just a cup of coffee in the majors. At least this guy played during my lifetime. Since White played in an era where I have a somewhat familiarity with the players, and since it's only a 14 year gap to the beginning of Matt Stairs career, I don't have to find the player with the longest service time here. I can pick someone I'm familiar with and just run with it. I may not find the quickest link to Stairs, but I'm confident I'll make it in under 6 degrees.

I) Myron White --> '78 Dodgers --> Bob Welch, Dave Stewart, Rick Sutcliffe

I picked 3 pitchers whose careers I'm familiar with. They all had good, long careers and played with other clubs (Cubs, Athletics) that Stairs also played on.

II) Sutcliffe --> '90 Cubs --> Joe Girardi

From here it's the same chain as the Lance Dickson chain. I'd like to try and establish some new clubs and players though, so let's see what else I can come up with.

II) Stewart --> '95 Athletics
II) Welch --> '94 Athletics


Both players just missed playing with Stairs in 1996. It's really a moot point which one I go with. I'm going with Stewart, because I will always believe Welch didn't deserve to beat Roger Clemens for that Cy Young in 1990.

1. Myron White played for the 1978 Los Angeles Dodgers with Dave Stewart.
2. Dave Stewart played the 1987 Oakland Athletics with Terry Steinbach.
3. Terry Steinbach played for the 1996 Oakland Athletics with Matt Stairs.

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 3


I really could have gone with any of Stewart's 8 years in Oakland, but I wanted to build up my database of clubs with one from the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment