Saturday, May 15, 2010

#17: Bob Weiland

Bob Weiland

I) Bob Weiland --> '40 Cardinals --> Murry Dickson, Enos Slaughter

II) Dickson --> '59 Athletics
II) Slaughter --> '59 Yankees
II) Slaughter --> '59 Braves


Of the three branches I have, I like Dickson the best. The '62 Athletics are on my Connected Teams list, so it should be fairly easy to jump the 3 years I need.

II) Dickson --> '59 Athletics --> Jerry Lumpe
      III) Lumpe --> '62 Athletics


However, in the interest of expanding my field of teams, I'm going to continue finding players who played the longest.

II) Dickson --> '59 Athletics --> Howie Reed, Ken Johnson, George Brunet, Russ Snyder, Lou Klimchock
      III) Brunet --> '71 Cardinals
      III) Reed --> '71 Expos
      III) Johnson --> '70 Expos
      III) Klimchock --> '70 Indians
      III) Snyder --> '70 Brewers


Wow, I was not expecting it to branch out so much. I'm tempted to take Klimchock here, because he ended his playing days with the Indians. Early in this blog, I identified 3 players who started in the 70's and played with Matt Stairs, my "Big 3". Denny Martinez and Gary Carter have already proven their worth, but the third, Rick Cerone, has yet to be connected. I think it's time I fixed that.

      III) Klimchock --> '70 Indians --> Ray Fosse
              IV) Fosse --> '76 Indians --> Rick Cerone


From one Indians catcher to another.

1. Bob Weiland played for the 1940 St. Louis Cardinals with Murry Dickson.
2. Murry Dickson played for the 1959 Kansas City Athletics with Lou Klimchock.
3. Lou Klimchock played for the 1970 Cleveland Indians with Ray Fosse.
4. Ray Fosse played for the 1976 Cleveland Indians with Rick Cerone.
5. Rick Cerone played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment