Thursday, May 27, 2010

#23: Ellis Kinder

Ellis Kinder

I) Ellis Kinder --> '57 White Sox --> Luis Aparicio, Minnie Minoso

When I'm looking to bridge the gap between decades, I'm looking for players who played 15+ years. Minnie Minoso is a rare player whose last at-bat occurred 31 years after his first! If I can connect a 50's player to Minoso, I can skip all the way to the 80's - lots of potential here. The question is how quickly I can get from Minoso to Stairs.

II) Minoso --> '80 White Sox --> Harold Baines
      III) Baines --> '92 Athletics --> Terry Steinbach


I've already used Steinbach before, so I know I can complete the link:

1. Ellis Kinder played for the 1957 Chicago White Sox with Minnie Minoso.
2. Minnie Minoso played for the 1980 Chicago White Sox with Harold Baines.
3. Harold Baines played for the 1992 Oakland Athletics with Terry Steinbach.
4. Terry Steinbach played for the 1996 Oakland Athletics with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 4


So I can go from Minoso to Stairs in 3 steps. That gives me a fighting chance with some of these older players.

No comments:

Post a Comment