Friday, March 25, 2011

#207: Frank Foreman

Frank Foreman

Another turn of the century player. At least he played in the early 1900's.

I) Frank Foreman --> '02 Orioles --> Roger Bresnahan

II) Bresnahan --> '15 Cubs --> Bob O'Farrell
      III) O'Farrell --> '35 Cardinals --> Ed Heusser, Dizzy Dean, Joe Medwick, Terry Moore
              IV) Dean --> '47 St. Louis Browns
              IV) Heusser --> '48 Phillies
              IV) Medwick --> '48 Cardinals
              IV) Moore --> '48 Cardinals


Tough choices here. I have two Hall of Famers here. I suspect the '48 Cardinals will take me along the same path as the '49 club, so I'll skip that and try the Browns team first.

              IV) Dean --> '47 St. Louis Browns --> Ellis Kinder, Les Moss
                     V) Kinder --> '57 White Sox
                     V) Moss --> '58 White Sox


Kinder has been done already, no dice there. Also, I can reasonably expect that Minnie Minoso will be the next connecting player for the '58 team, just as he was in '57.

I'll give the Phillies team a fighting chance before I call this one.

              IV) Heusser --> '48 Phillies --> Curt Simmons, Robin Roberts
                     V) Roberts --> '66 Astros
                     V) Roberts --> '66 Cubs
                     V) Simmons --> '67 Cubs
                     V) Simmons --> '67 Angels


Both of these players are connected. This is a dead end.

Degrees of Matt Stairs: Over 6

No comments:

Post a Comment