Sunday, March 6, 2011

#189: Lew Richie

Lew Richie

I) Lew Richie --> '13 Cubs --> Bubbles Hargrave, Cy Williams, Johnny Evers

II) Evers --> '29 Boston Braves
II) Hargrave --> '30 Yankees
II) Williams --> '30 Phillies


Bubble and the Yankees are out, since I've used them before. I'll go with the Hall of Famer here.

II) Evers --> '29 Boston Braves --> Clay Touchstone, Johnny Cooney
      III) Cooney --> '44 Brooklyn Dodgers
      III) Cooney --> '44 Yankees
      III) Touchstone --> '45 White Sox


I've used Cooney and the Dodgers team already. I could try Cooney and the Yankees, but I'm intrigued by Touchstaone. This player played 2 years in his 20's, only playing in a total of 6 games. He then comes back 16 years later and pitched in 6 more games.

      III) Touchstone --> '45 White Sox --> Floyd Baker, Eddie Lopat, Cass Michaels
              IV) Baker --> '55 Phillies
              IV) Lopat --> '55 Orioles
              IV) Michaels --> '54 White Sox


Hmmmm....I'm on my 4th degree and I'm only into the 1950's. Most of my connected teams require 4 more degrees to get to Stairs. Notice I said 'most' - I have an out. The '55 Orioles team has been used before and will allow me to squeeze in and get this done.

1. Lew Richie played for the 1913 Chicago Cubs with Johnny Evers.
2. Johnny Evers played for the 1929 Boston Braves with Clay Touchstone.
3. Clay Touchstone played for the 1945 Chicago White Sox with Eddie Lopat.
4. Eddie Lopat played for the 1955 Baltimore Orioles with Brooks Robinson.
5. Brooks Robinson played for the 1977 Baltimore Orioles with Dennis Martinez.
6. Dennis Martinez played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment