Saturday, March 5, 2011

Luke Boone, Part II

Luke Boone

********************
A Special Note From Me:
This is completely unprecedented. I always pick my players by using B-R's random player link. Well, here I've been given Luke Boone. Only one problem - I've already connected him! Of course I didn't realize this until I completed this post and tried to update my Connected Players page. I never thought I'd get the same player twice, especially within the first year. Since the work has been done, I'll post this one, but I can't count this with my pages and totals.
********************

Boone last played for the Pirates in 1918, which I've already connected. I'll go back to his previous team.

I) Luke Boone --> '16 Yankees --> Bob Shawkey, George Mogridge, Urban Shocker, Wally Pipp, Roger Peckinpaugh

II) Mogridge --> '27 Boston Braves
II) Peckinpaugh --> '27 White Sox
II) Pipp --> '28 Reds
II) Shawkey --> '27 Yankees
II) Shocker --> '28 Yankees


Peckinpaugh and Pipp have been used before. Urban Shocker is just too great a name not to pick here.

II) Shocker --> '28 Yankees --> Bill Dickey, Leo Durocher
      III) Dickey --> '46 Yankees
      III) Durocher --> '45 Brooklyn Dodgers


We'll try the '46 team first.

      III) Dickey --> '46 Yankees --> Yogi Berra

Berra to finish it off!

1. Luke Boone played for the 1916 New York Yankees with Urban Shocker.
2. Urban Shocker played for the 1928 New York Yankees with Bill Dickey.
3. Bill Dickey played for the 1946 New York Yankees with Yogi Berra.
4. Yogi Berra played for the 1965 New York Mets with Ron Hunt.
5. Ron Hunt played for the 1974 Montreal Expos with Gary Carter.
6. Gary Carter played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment