Sunday, December 12, 2010

#143: Luke Boone

Luke Boone

I) Luke Boone --> '18 Pirates --> Carmen Hill, Hal Carlson, Billy Southworth, Max Carey

II) Carey --> '29 Brooklyn Robins
II) Carlson --> '30 Cubs
II) Hill --> '30 Cardinals
II) Southworth --> '29 Cardinals


I've already used Carey and the '29 Robins before. I'll try another path and see where it takes me. As always, my bias goes to the Hall of Famer.

II) Southworth --> '29 Cardinals --> Syl Johnson, Fred Frankhouse, Jimmie Wilson, Charlie Gelbert
      III) Frankhouse --> '39 Boston Bees
      III) Gelbert --> '40 Red Sox
      III) Gelbert --> '40 Washington Senators
      III) Johnson --> '40 Phillies
      III) Wilson --> '40 Reds


The Reds team is my only connected one, so I have a lot of choices here. Showing my Red Sox bias here...

      III) Gelbert --> '40 Red Sox --> Ted Williams

Well, I used my bias towards Hall of Famers and my bias towards the Red Sox. It's only fair I end up with a Red Sox Hall of Famer.

              IV) Williams --> '60 Red Sox --> Earl Wilson, Al Worthington, Jim Pagliaroni, Gary Geiger
                     V) Geiger --> '70 Astros
                     V) Pagliaroni --> '69 Seattle Pilots
                     V) Wilson --> '70 Padres
                     V) Worthington --> '69 Twins


Dead end here. I'm going to have to go back a couple steps.

      III) Gelbert --> '40 Washington Senators --> Mickey Vernon
              IV) Vernon --> '60 Pirates --> Joe Gibbons, Dick SChofield, Bill Mazeroski, Roberto Clemente
                     V) Clemente --> '72 Pirates
                     V) Gibbons --> '72 Astros
                     V) Gibbons --> '72 Reds
                     V) Mazeroski --> '72 Pirates
                     V) Schofield --> '71 Brewers
                     V) Schofield --> '71 Cardinals


Another dead end. Rather than make this endlessly long, I'm going to take a path I've used before.

1. Luke Boone played for the 1918 Pittsburgh Pirates with Max Carey.
2. Max Carey played for the 1929 Brooklyn Robins with Bobo Newsom.
3. Bobo Newsom played for the 1953 Philadelphia Athletics with Bobby Shantz
4. Bobby Shantz played for the 1964 St. Louis Cardinals with Mike Cuellar
5. Mike Cuellar played for the 1976 Baltimore Orioles with Dennis Martinez
6. Dennis Martinez played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment