Sunday, December 26, 2010

#152: Hal Griggs

Hal Griggs

Hal Griggs played with the Washington Senators in the late 1950's. I have the '59 Senators team checked off already, so I'll go one back and see if I can add any new teams.

I) Hal Griggs --> '58 Washington Senators --> Harmon Killebrew

Always good to add a Hall of Famer!

II) Killebrew --> '75 Royals --> John Mayberry, George Brett, Jim Wohlford, Tony Solaita, Bob Stinson, Rodney Scott, Bob McClure, Nelson Briles, Doug Bird
      III) Bird --> '81 Yankees
      III) Brett --> '93 Royals
      III) Briles --> '78 Orioles
      III) Mayberry --> '79 Blue Jays
      III) McClure --> '93 Marlins
      III) Scott --> '82 Expos
      III) Solaita --> '79 Expos
      III) Stinson --> '74 Expos
      III) Wohlford --> '83 Expos


A lot of guys here who played with my "Big 3", plus 2 who lasted all the way to 1993. I can take an easy path, but I have a hunch on Brett's '93 Royals.

1. Hal Griggs played for the 1958 Washington Senators with Harmon Killebrew.
2. Harmon Killebrew played for the 1975 Kansas City Royals with George Brett.
3. George Brett played for the 1993 Kansas City Royals with Mike Macfarlane.
4. Mike Macfarlane played for the 1999 Oakland Athletics with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 4

I had a hunch that once I got to the early 1990's, I could find a former teammate of Stairs. Easy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment