Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#144: Greg Goossen

Greg Goossen

Goossen ended his career in 1970 with both the Brewers and the Senators. However, I'm going to break from my traditional tactics and go with the year before. Why? Because it offers me a rare opportunity to add the Seattle Pilots - a team that lasted one year before they became the Brewers.

I) Greg Goossen --> '69 Seattle Pilots --> Fred Stanley, Tommy Harper

53 men could make the claim they were a Seattle Pilot. Only 2 make the cut here.

II) Harper --> '76 Orioles
II) Stanley --> '80 Yankees
II) Stanley --> '82 Athletics


The Orioles and Yankees will link me with Stairs via my "Big 3". If the Athletics team has someone who also played with Stairs, I'll have another team to add.

II) Stanley --> '82 Athletics --> Rickey Henderson, Tony Phillips

Rickey!

1. Greg Goossen played for the 1969 Seattle Pilots with Fred Stanley.
2. Fred Stanley played for the 1982 Oakland Athletics with Rickey Henderson.
3. Rickey Henderson played for the 1998 Oakland Athletics with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment