Monday, July 26, 2010

Matt Stairs and the Hall of Fame

After finishing my post for the Hall of Fame, I started to wonder how many Hall of Famers/potential Hall of Famers Matt Stairs has played for. HoF Gary Carter is one of my Big 3, so I know that's at least one. For no other reason but to provide a diversion, I decided to take a look:

Current Hall of Famers:
Gary Carter (1993 Montreal Expos)
Rickey Hendeson (1998 Oakland Athletics)

Possible Hall of Famers:
Larry Walker (1993 Montreal Expos)
Roger Clemens (1994 Boston Red Sox)
Mark McGwire (1996-97 Oakland Athletics)
Miguel Tejada (1997-2000 Oakland Athletics)
Tim Raines (1999 Oakland Athletics)
Fred McGriff (2001 Chicago Cubs)
Sammy Sosa (2001 Chicago Cubs)
Kenny Lofton (2003 Pittsburgh Pirates)
Ivan Rodriguez (2006 Detroit Tigers)
Frank Thomas (2007-08 Toronto Blue Jays)
Pedro Martinez (2009 Philladelphia Phillies)

DISCLAIMER: I completely ignored any steroids/cheating aspect of this list. I don't vote, and I don't know how those accused of cheating will fare. I also ignored any players (Greinke, Teixeira, Halladay, etc.) who is still in the prime of their careers and may or may not be Hall worthy when they are through.

So, only 2 bona fide Hall of Famers so far, but as we can see, he'll be adding to that list quite a bit in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment