Tuesday, July 20, 2010

#51: Art Johnson

Art Johnson

I) Art Johnson --> '42 Braves --> Warren Spahn

Wow, the great Warren Spahn played 10 whole seasons longer than anyone else on this roster.

II) Spahn --> '65 Mets
II) Spahn --> '65 Giants


I never knew he ended his career with these two teams. He played 20 years with the Braves, and it just seemed like he was a one team lifer.

II) Spahn --> '65 Mets --> Ron Swoboda

We've already connected Swoboda, so I know I can go from Johnson to Stairs in 5 degrees. As usual, I'll see what other paths I can take.

II) Spahn --> '65 Mets --> Tug McGraw, Bud Harrelson, Ed Kranepool, Ron Hunt
      III) McGraw --> '84 Phillies
      III) Harrelson --> '80 Rangers
      III) Kranepool --> '79 Mets
      III) Hunt --> '74 Expos


Despite 3 players who lasted longer, Hunt wins because he played with the Expos. I doubt I can do better than this.

1. Art Johnson played for the 1942 Boston Braves with Warren Spahn.
2. Warren Spahn played for the 1965 New York Mets with Ron Hunt.
3. Ron Hunt played for the 1974 Montreal Expos with Gary Carter.
4. Gary Carter played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment