Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#171: Pat Burke

Pat Burke

I) Pat Burke --> '24 St. Louis Browns --> Boom-Boom Beck

Boom-Boom Beck! I recall trying to use that name in a chain once before. It took some digging, but I was able to find him here. That saves a lot of work for me.

What I'm going to do is essentially copy what I had before and revisit it.

----------
      III) Beck --> '45 Reds --> Herm Wehmeier, Hank Sauer
              IV) Wehmeier --> '58 Cardinals
              IV) Wehmeier --> '58 Tigers
              IV) Sauer --> '59 Giants

      III) Beck --> '45 Pirates --> Bob Elliott, Preacher Roe
              IV) Elliott --> '53 Browns
              IV) Elliott --> '53 White Sox
              IV) Roe --> '54 Dodgers

----------

Since this post, I've only added the '53 White Sox team.

----------
Lots of choices here, but I'm going to ignore the '45 Pirates branch, since the '45 Reds give me an extra 5 years.

              IV) Sauer --> '59 Giants --> Willie MCCovey
                     V) McCovey --> '80 Giants
              IV) Wehmeier --> '58 Cardinals --> Lindy McDaniel
                     V) McDaniel --> '75 Royals
              IV) Wehmeier --> '58 Tigers --> Al Kaline
                     V) Kaline --> '74 Tigers

----------

I've also added the '74 Tigers and '75 Royals. That makes the '80 Giants a logical choice. My path so far:

II) Beck --> '45 Reds --> Hank Sauer
      III) Sauer --> '59 Giants --> Willie McCovey
              IV) McCovey --> '80 Giants


Two degrees to get to Stairs. I think I can do it.

              IV) McCovey --> '80 Giants --> Ed Whitson, Max Venable, Jack Clark
                     V) Clark --> '92 Red Sox
                     V) Venable --> '91 Angels
                     V) Whitson --> '91 Padres


Red Sox for the win!

1. Pat Burke played for the 1924 St. Louis Browns with Boom-Boom Beck.
2. Boom-Boom Beck played for the 1945 Cincinati Reds with Hank Sauer.
3. Hank Sauer played for the 1959 San Francisco Giants with Willie McCovey.
4. Williw McCovey played for the 1980 San Francisco Giants with Jack Clark.
5. Jack Clark played for the 1992 Boston Red Sox with Mike Greenwell.
6. Mike Greenwell played for the 1995 Boston Red Sox with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment