Tuesday, February 8, 2011

#174: Dummy Stephenson

Dummy Stephenson

I know society in the late 1800's is a lot different than it is now, but what a cruel nickname to be stuck with!

I) Dummy Stephenson --> 1892 Phillies --> Sam Thompson, Lave Cross

II) Cross --> '07 Washington Senators
II) Thompson --> '06 Tigers


Unusual names are helpful. I remember trying to use Lave Cross once before here. No sense repeating a dead end. I'll try Thompson though, just for kicks.

II) Thompson --> '06 Tigers --> Charlie O'Leary
      III) O'Leary --> '34 St. Louis Browns


Wow. O'Leary came back 21 years after his last full season and got one hit in one at bat at the age of 51.

Unfortunately, the at bat was with the '34 Browns, who I've connected already. I'd need 5 degrees from that point. my quest is at an end.

Degrees of Matt Stairs: Over 6

No comments:

Post a Comment