Wednesday, June 16, 2010

#34: Pete Redfern

Pete Redfern

There's only a 10 year gap between Redfern and Stairs, so I know I can make my connection. However I still need a plan. Looking at the '82 Twins, there's no shortage of players who played until at least 1992. I know some players here played for the Red Sox at some point in their careers, so I'll see if I can find a connection there.

I) Pete Redfern --> '82 Twins --> Tom Brunansky, Frank Viola, Gary Gaetti

II) Brunansky, Viola --> '94 Red Sox


One more year later and they would have played with Tim Wakefield. However...

II) Gaetti --> 2000 Red Sox

Gaetti ended a very good career playing a handful of games for the Bosox in 2000. We have our link:

1. Pete Redfern played for the 1982 Minnesota Twins with Gary Gaetti.
2. Gary Gaetti played for the 2000 Boston Red Sox with Tim Wakefield.
3. Tim Wakefield played for the 1995 Boston Red Sox with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 3

Another successful link using Tim Wakefield. This is my Red Sox bias showing through. I'm familiar enough with the Red Sox teams of the 90's and onward that I know if I can find anyone who played for Boston from 1995 until now is as good a linked.

No comments:

Post a Comment