Friday, June 18, 2010

#35: Orlando Alvarez

Orlando Alvarez

Another 70's player. Looking at the two teams he played for, I see a couple of recognizable names that I believe will help me along, including a trio of pitchers who pitched well into their 40's:

I) Orlando Alvarez --> '75 Dodgers --> Charlie Hough
I) Orlando Alvarez --> '76 Angels --> Frank Tanana, Nolan Ryan


I don't see the benefit of using one over the other yet, so I'll try them all out.

II) Hough --> '94 Florida Marlins --> David Weathers


I've already connected Weathers, he's my only direct link connection so far. I'm not going to do any better than that - sorry Frank and Nolan!

1. Orlando Alvarez played for the 1975 Los Angeles Dodgers with Charlie Hough.
2. Charlie Hough played for the 1994 Florida Marlins with David Weathers.
3. David Weathers played for the 2001 Chicago Cubs with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment