Tuesday, June 22, 2010

#37: Alvaro Espinoza

Alvaro Espinoza

Alvaro played in the same time frame as Stairs, but they have no matching teams. I'll start with the team he played with in 1993, since that was Stairs first year.

I) Espinoza --> '93 Indians --> Paul Sorrento, Sandy Alomar


What luck! We've already linked Sorrento and Alomar, so I know the chain is completed. However, since we're in the same playing era as Stairs, I think I'll hunt around and see if any players pop up that also played with Stairs, giving me my chain in 2 degrees.

I see a few guys that played with Boston for a time (Baerga, Jefferson, Horn, and Young). If one of them played in Boston in 1995, I have my link.

Success!

1. Alvaro Espinoza played for the 1993 Cleveland Indians with Reggie Jefferson.
2. Reggie Jefferson played for the 1995 Boston Red Sox with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment