Saturday, August 20, 2011

#264: Mel Almada

Mel Amada

I) Mel Almada --> '39 St. Louis Browns
I) Mel Almada --> '39 Brooklyn Dodgers


We'll go with the Browns and see what we can come up with.

I) Mel Almada --> '39 St. Louis Browns --> Bobo Newsom, Johnny Berardino

II) Berardino --> '52 Indians, '52 Pirates
II) Newsom --> '53 Philadelphia Athletics


Bobo Newsom is a Connected player. I was about to completely dismiss him and move on to Berardino, but then I noticed something. The '53 Philadelphia Athletics were not one of my connected teams. The '53 Philadelphia Phillies however, were. Uh-oh. I think I made a boo-boo. Which means I'm going to have to go back and fix a few entries here. That won't be fun.

Until then, I have a chain to complete. I'm taking the least represented team, the Pirates.

II) Berardino --> '52 Pirates --> Ron Kline, Dick Hall
      III) Hall --> '71 Orioles
      III) Kline --> '70 Braves


Well, I know if I take the Orioles I can use Brooks Robinson, so I'll stop here.

1. Mel Almada played for the 1939 St. Louis Browns with Johnny Berardino.
2. Johnny Berardino played for the 1952 Pittsburgh Pirates with Dick Hall.
3. Dick Hall played for the 1971 Baltimore Orioles with Brooks Robinson.
4. Brooks Robinson played for the 1977 Baltimore Orioles with Dennis Martinez.
5. Dennis Martinez played for the 1993 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment