Saturday, October 23, 2010

#116: Chick King

Chick King

Chick split his last season between two teams, the Cubs and the Cardinals. Neither team is on my list of Connected Teams, although I do have the Cubs team from the following year. A quick look shows the same connecting player, Tony Taylor. We'll see where the Cardinals team takes us.

I) Chick King --> '59 Cardinals --> Tim McCarver

II) McCarver --> '80 Phillies --> Randy Lerch, Marty Bystrom, Del Unser, Pete Rose, Manny Trillo
      III) Bystrom --> '84 Yankees
      III) Lerch --> '82 Expos
      III) Rose ---> '84 Expos
      III) Trillo --> '83 Expos
      III) Unser ---> '78 Expos


Of these, the '84 Expos are the only team I don't have yet. This would get me to Stairs in 4 degrees, which would be equal if I used the Cubs team. I have my link.

1. Chick King played for the 1959 St. Louis Cardinals with Tim McCarver.
2. Tim McCarver played for the 1980 Philadelphia Phillies with Pete Rose.
3. Pete Rose played for the 1984 Montreal Expos with Gary Carter.
4. Gary Carter played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment