Saturday, October 9, 2010

#109: Rick Burleson

Rick Burleson

Yeeaaahhhh, I've come to link the Rooster! Oh Yeah!

Now that I've gotten the Alice In Chains reference out of the way, I'm excited to have a former Red Sox All-Star here. I have a few of his baseball cards. Looking at his carreer, it ended in 1987 with the Orioles. However, Dennis Martinez wasn't with the Orioles then, so I'll have to use one of his other teams. Hmmm...who to use?

I) Rick Burleson --> '80 Red Sox --> Tony Perez, Fred Lynn, Jim Dwyer, Jack Brohamer, Stan Papi, Dennis Eckersley, Steve Renko, Bob Ojeda, Mike Torrez

II) Brohamer --> '75 Indians
II) Dwyer/Lynn --> '85 Orioles
II) Eckersey --> '98 Red Sox
II) Ojeda --> '86 Mets
II) Papi/Perez --> '78 Expos
II) Renko --> '75 Expos
II) Torrez --> '74 Expos


Quite a few choices here. However, I'm going with the Eck, since he'll allow me to make a chain with just Red Sox teams and he's a Hall of Famer.

1. Rick Burleson played for the 1980 Boston Red Sox with Dennis Eckersley.
2. Dennis Eckersley played for the 1998 Boston Red Sox with Tim Wakefield.
3. Tim Wakefield played for the 1995 Boston Red Sox with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment