Tuesday, August 31, 2010

#89: Mickey Haefner

Mickey Haefner

I) Mickey Haefner --> '50 White Sox
I) Mickey Haefner --> '50 Braves


The White Sox team is on my list of Connected teams already, so I'll try the Braves team and see where we go.

I) Mickey Haefner --> '50 Braves --> Warren Spahn, Dick Donovan, Del Crandall

II) Spahn --> '65 Mets
II) Spahn --> '65 Giants
II) Donovan --> '65 Indians
II) Crandall --> '66 Indians


We've used Spahn before, but I'm going to try Crandall - we're only a decade away from Rick Cerone's rookie year with the Tribe.

II) Crandall --> '66 Indians --> Luis Tiant
      III) Tiant --> '80 Yankees --> Rick Cerone


OK, so it wasn't exactly what I was going for. I'm mildly surprised no one on the '66 Indians still played for the team in '75. But the great Luis Tiant got me where I needed to be anyway.

1. Mickey Haefner played for the 1950 Boston Braves with Del Crandall.
2. Del Crandall played for the 1966 Cleveland Indians with Luis Tiant.
3. Luis Tiant played for the 1980 New York Yankees with Rick Cerone.
4. Rick Cerone played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment