Friday, August 27, 2010

#85: Hal Goldsmith

Hal Goldsmith

Goldsmith last played for the '29 Browns, which I've already connected. I'm going to take the year before and see if I can connect a new team.

I) Hal Goldsmith --> '28 Braves --> Johnny Cooney, Clay Touchstone

II) Cooney --> '44 Dodgers
II) Cooney --> '44 Yankees
II) Touchstone --> '45 White Sox


Cooney popped up 2 days ago in one of our chains.

II) Cooney --> '44 Dodgers --> Gene Mauch, Eddie Miksis
      III) Mauch --> '57 Red Sox
      III) Miksis --> '58 Orioles
      III) Miksis --> '58 Reds


We've already connected Mauch, so I know I can complete that link in 6 steps. However, I'm able to connect the '29 Browns in only 5 steps. Anything greater would just be taking a longer route. Miksis may be a possibility though.

      III) Miksis --> '58 Orioles --> Brooks Robinson

That'll get me to Stairs in 5 degrees. I'll give the Reds team a shot just to see if I can add a few more teams.

      III) Miksis --> '58 Reds --> Frank Robinson

Yep, Frank will get me there too. It looks like 5 degrees is the best I can hope for, so I'll end here.

1. Hal Goldsmith played for the 1928 Boston Braves with Johnny Cooney.
2. Johnny Cooney played for the 1944 Brooklyn Dodgers with Eddie Miksis.
3. Eddie Miksis played for the 1958 Cincinnati Reds with Frank Robinson.
4. Frank Robinson played for the 1976 Cleveland Indians with Rick Cerone.
5. Rick Cerone playedfor the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment