Wednesday, June 1, 2011

#236: William Fischer

William Fischer

I) William Fischer --> '17 Pirates --> Burleigh Grimes

Grimes has showed up in our posts before. However, he always showed up further down in our chains and resulted in dead ends. He shows up much earlier this time, and gives us a reasonable shot for completion. Rather than go through all 3 teams Grimes played with his final year, I'll refer you to this post. I'll just pick up from where I left off, and pick my paths from there.

II) Burleigh Grimes --> '34 Pirates --> Arky Vaughan
      III) Vaughan --> '48 Dodgers --> Gil Hodges
              IV) Hodges --> '63 Mets


The '63 Mets are a connected team. I'm done.

1. William Fischer played for the 1917 Pittsburgh Pirates with Burleigh Grimes.
2. Burleigh Grimes played for the 1934 Pittsburgh Pirates with Arky Vaughan.
3. Arky Vaughan played for the 1948 Brooklyn Dodgers with Gil Hodges.
4. Gil Hodges played for the 1963 New York Mets with Ron Hunt.
5. Ron Hunt played for the 1974 Montreal Expos with Gary Carter.
6. Gary Carter played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment