Friday, July 29, 2011

Is This The End?

It was such a minor transaction it barely registered on the major sports sites. The Washington Nationals acquired Johnny Gomes from the Cincinati Reds. A roster move had to be made.

On Wednesday, the Nationals designated Matt Stairs for assignment.

Our muse may have played his last game in Major League Baseball. While it's definitely possibly some other team may have need of his pinch hitting skills, his age and lack of production do not tip the scales in his favor. I hope he keeps playing.

So what's to become of this blog? Obviously, I'll finish out the season. I may continue through the off-season and into Spring Training, hopeful he gets one more chance. I may continue well beyond. I may get bored and decide to pursue other interests. In the meantime, if this is it, thank you Mr. Stairs. You'll always have at least one fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment