Sunday, May 15, 2011

#230: Jim Bolger

Jim Bolger

Finally! Someone I have a reasonable shot of connecting!

I) Jim Bolger --> '59 Indians and '59 Phillies

I already have the Phillies team connected, so we'll go with the Indians here.

I) Jim Bolger --> '59 Indians --> Jim Perry, Minnie Minoso

II) Minoso --> '80 White Sox
II) Perry --> '75 Indians and '75 Athletics


Even though Minoso has 5 more years than Perry, Perry has the edge. The '75 Indians can get me to Stairs in 2 degrees, while the '80 White Sox needs 3. I'll give the '75 Athletics a fighting chance. If they can't do it in 2, I'm going with Cleveland.

II) Perry --> '75 Athletics --> Dick Bosman, Ken Holtzman, Stan Bahnsen, Tommy Harper, Bert Campaneris, Claudell Washington, Reggie Jackson, Ray Fosse
      III) Bahnsen --> '77 Expos
      III) Bosman --> '76 Indians
      III) Campaneris --> '83 Yankees
      III) Fosse --> '76 Indians
      III) Harper --> '76 Orioles
      III) Holtzman --> '76 Orioles
      III) Jackson --> '76 Orioles
      III) Washington --> '87 Yankees


Nope. Cleveland it is!

1. Jim Bolger played for the 1959 Cleveland Indians with Jim Perry.
2. Jim Perry played for the 1975 Cleveland Indians with Rick Cerone.
3. Rick Cerone played for the 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment