Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#160: Rankin Johnson

Rankin Johnson

I) Rankin Johnson --> '18 Cardinals --> Charlie Grimm, Rogers Hornby

II) Grimm --> '36 Cubs
II) Hornsby --> '37 St. Louis Browns


Going with the Hall of Famer here.

II) Hornsby --> '37 St. Louis Browns --> Bob Muncrief
      III) Muncrief --> '51 Yankees --> Mickey Mantle


I am by no means a Yankee fan, but Mantle has a special place in my childhood because I got to meet him once.

              IV) Mantle --> '68 Yankees --> Stan Bahnsen, Tony Solaita, Bill Robinson
                     V) Bahnsen --> '81 Expos
                     V) Robinson --> '83 Phillies
                     V) Solaita --> '79 Expo
                     V) Solaita --> '79 Blue Jay

Looking at my connected teams list, I'm surprised I haven't used the '81 Expos yet.

1. Rankin Johnson played for the 1918 St. Louis Cardinals with Rogers Hornsby.
2. Rogers Hornsby played for the 1937 St. Louis Browns with Bob Muncrief.
3. Bob Muncrief played for the 1951 New York Yankees with Mickey Mantle.
4. Mickey Mantle played for the 1968 New York Yankees with Stan Bahnsen.
5. Stan Bahnsen played for the 1981 Montreal Expos with Gary Carter.
6. Gary Carter played for 1992 Montreal Expos with Matt Stairs!

Degrees of Matt Stairs: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment