Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Welcome to 6 Degrees of Matt Stairs!

Welcome to my blog/baseball-themed distraction! The concept is simple: I'm am going to try and connect players throughout the rich history of baseball to current baseball journeyman Matt Stairs in 6 degrees or less, just like the Kevin Bacon game. I'll use the random page feature of baseball-reference.com to select a player, then find a chain of teams and players that will lead me to Matt Stairs.

Why Matt Stairs?

Well, I read the following article this Spring: Stairs is a swing away from record book, and it got me thinking about how someone who has played for so long with so many different teams must have played with an extraordinary number of teammates. I figured it would be fun to adapt the Kevin Bacon game to a player like Matt. So here's my endeavor.

Who am I?

I'm just your casual baseball fan. I am in no way a baseball historian, and to be honest, I'd be amazed if I can consistently pull this off with anyone who last played before WWII.

What's my strategy?

I'm sure I'll come up with some more concrete ideas as I progress, but for now it'll be simple trial and error. I plan on doing a lot of clicking...

So again, welcome to my blog. This should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment